Planning to put your house on the market? It goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible and get your asking price or more. Set the stage for success with these tips for styling and upgrading your home, and see results — fast.
According to NorthOf.nyc Here’s some great time to stage your home
1. Boost curb appeal. This is something you always hear, and with very good reason. Many people thinking of touring your home will do a quick drive-by first, often deciding on the spot if it is even worth a look inside. Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers with these tips:
○ Power wash siding and walkways
○ Hang easy-to-read house numbers
○ Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
○ Mow lawn, and reseed or add fresh sod as needed
○ Wash front windows
○ Repaint or stain the porch floor as needed
2. Welcome visitors with an inviting porch. Even if you have only a tiny stoop, make it say “welcome home” with a clean doormat, potted plants in bloom and — if you have room — one or two pieces of neat porch furniture. Keep your porch lights on in the evenings, in case potential buyers drive by. Illuminating the front walk with solar lights is a nice extra touch, especially if you will be showing the house during the evening.
3. Get your house sparkling clean. From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. This is the easiest (well, maybe not easiest, but certainly the cheapest) way to help your home put its best foot forward. You may want to hire pros to do some of the really tough stuff, especially if you have a large house. Don’t skimp — this step is key!